Tuesday, February 1, 2011

32/365 Baby's New Computer

Grace, like most babies her age, has developed a liking for all things around the house that are non-baby toys. Topping her list of "favorite things I'm not allowed to have, and I get overly frustrated when Mama and Daddy take them away..." are the TV remote, Daddy's PS3 controller, the camera, our cell phones, and at the very tippy-top of the list is Mama's laptop. She lunges at it, hits the keys, moves her fingers around on the mouse pad, you name. The other day I closed all the windows and let her have at it for a minute, as I don't want to be one of those moms who always say no. And although everything was closed, she still managed to disable my wifi internet capabilities and make the "H" key no longer work. So, what is a mom to do? The first step was to fix my computer while the baby took a catnap and then we were off to find something that would hopefully entertain the baby in the same or even close capacity that my laptop does. I found several LeapFrog laptop toys, but at 5 months, I don't think she is quite ready for them yet. And I really don't want to have to spend an abundance of money on something she isn't ready for. Maybe that will be her first birthday present...or second. Today I found the perfect thing for her. It was like finding the golden ticket in a chocolate bar. It's a Vtech Baby's Learning Laptop. It is for ages 6+ months (hey, she's close enough) and requires little more effort from her than pounding on the keys and playing with the attached "mouse" and it lights up, plays music, talks to her, etc... When she is ready, it will also teach her shapes and letters as well. AND...it's pink and purple. Not a bad purchase for $15.00. We stopped off to visit with my mom for a while and got it out of the package. She seems to love it so far and was all smiles playing with it.

"Look at my new toy, Mama!"



See...perfect fit for her little hands!



Taking a break to look at Mama and make sure she is paying attention to how much fun she is having.



Ahh, success!!



..and yes, I have hat hair and wasn't wearing my hat to cover it up. Oh well. Deal with it. It's about the baby and her toy, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment