Wednesday, February 23, 2011

50/365 (Feb 19) Lullaby's and Rolling Eyes

On Saturday, Grace and I went over to Priscilla's house to visit with her and her adorable boys (my two oldest nephews) and to help her make her wedding invitations (I seriously could not be more excited for her and her boyfriend, Josh!!!). Unfortunately while we were there, Grace threw up and started to show signs that she really wasn't feeling well at all. Though our time there was cut a bit short because of her being under the weather, I truly cherish every single bit of time I get with the three of them.
Skylar absolutely adores Grace. He loves to hold her and to sing her his version of lullaby's that he always seems to remember a little different than the originals but in a very cute way. The one I love the most is "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, How I wonder what you are. Up above the whole big sky, Like a diamond the whole world sky." Maybe it isn't quite as cute or funny when you aren't there, but I love it and I know she loves listening to him serenade her as well.
Here are the two lovely cousins. You can see how much he loves her by how much he loves to stare at her in amazement. Unfortunately, you can also see the beginning of the sick baby coming through:


Jaike, my oldest nephew and my first favorite (it's okay to have favorites, as long as there are four favorites, right?), has begun to master the eye roll. He is obviously way too cool for pictures now, and you can't even bribe him to smile in a picture anymore...trust me, I've tried. When I told him I wanted to take his picture, he looked at me with a blank stare. Then I (gasp!) asked him to smile. How dare I interrupt an intense Wii session to ask for a smile?! One great big eye roll later, this is the picture I ended up with:



Little does he know, I love the picture just as much as I would if he had a great big smile on his face. Auntie Mandi - 1. Jaike - 0. But don't tell him that, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment