Wednesday, February 9, 2011

40/365 (Feb 9) Babies Who Wake at 4AM...

Aren't particularly fond of photo shoots. She is still so darn cute, though. I often wonder how in the world we created such a beautiful child. Here are a few photos I got before the meltdown officially began.

Per norm, the first few photos were smiles. A certain voice and particular smiles from Mama will almost always produce one or two smiles in return from Baby Girl. I hope things stay that way. Katie even commented on it when we were on our playdate that Grace is so good with the camera. Well, Katie, as you will see as the pictures progress, all good things do come to an end!

Already, the smile was beginning to fade. I love this next picture, though, because we have discovered new bows that work in her hair (even her "up at 4am, tired and messy in much need of her morning bath" hair). I prayed while pregnant and after finding out that she was a girl that she was going to have at least a little hair. And lo and behold, she was born with a full head of it! During her delivery, Ryan was giving me the play by play of the cesarean. I remember hearing "Here she comes...here she comes! Look at her! Look at her! LOOK AT ALL THAT HAIR!!" I know that is somewhat of a vain thing to wish for, but of course I prayed that she would be healthy above all else. We ended up being blessed with a beautiful, healthy, happy baby girl with lots of hair for Mama to play with! Enough hair that she can actually wear clips now and not only headbands or ponytails! Okay, moving on...



"Okay, Mama...I'm so over this picture thing now. I'm going to pout until you put the camera away."


"If pouting won't work, I'll just turn away from you and try to distract you by eating my PJ's!"


Then she just decided to totally avoid me and the camera completely. She is still such a doll and so beautiful. I love how curly her hair is getting - you can really notice it here!








1 comment:

  1. Awww, baby girl. I was just impressed she smiled for the camera. Addie stares at it with curiosity and to get a smile I have to act like a HUGE nerd!

    ReplyDelete