Wednesday, January 5, 2011

5/365 Sick Babe....Finally Catching Some Zzzz's

After a long, long day of the babe being sick...seemingly not even a tiny bit better than when she started her medicine a couple days ago...a day that definitely challenged my mommy patience...a day that the babes stomach was so upset she couldn't take a nap no matter how hard she tried because she would get sick within minutes of nodding off (we're talking more throw up than I've ever seen in my life people- seriously, the US should employ use of sick babies as a secret weapon against the bad guys)...a day that she required more icky medicine that I wouldn't go near her with (I thank God for a husband who isn't squeamish and was home for a few hours tonight)...a day that I definitely shed a few tears because I had no idea what else to do...she has finally fallen asleep on my chest in the rocking chair. I finally had the opportunity to get a photo or two of her that didn't include baby tears or big blue eyes that look at mama as if to say, "You aren't doing anything mom....please help me."

My sleeping angel:



This wouldn't be my first choice of sleeping position, but hey...whatever the babe wants right now, the babe gets. Especially if she is benefiting from it by getting some much needed sleep.



Now the challenge of deciding when to try to move her so I, too, can get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment