Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2/365 Never Grow Up

The image I chose today comes along with lyrics from a song called "Never Grow Up" by Taylor Swift. Nothing melts my heart more recently than when my sweet girl wraps her little hands around my fingers and holds me close. It's endearing, beautiful, and emotional. She has been sick for a solid 24 hours now and not really acting like herself. However, as I put her down to change her and get her pj's on tonight, she still found the energy to reach up, grab my hand, and pull it closer to her chest.

"Your little hands wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light

To you, everything's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that

Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little"

No comments:

Post a Comment